Here at Celtx, we’re always improving our tools to make the production process better, faster, and easier. As upgrades continue to roll out, it’s important to keep your browser up to date as well. Celtx is built using the benefits of the latest technology, so here’s a quick rundown on how to update your browser.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top left corner, click File and then About Google Chrome.
- Chrome will now check for any updates.
- Click Update Google Chrome or Relaunch. If you don’t see any button, you’re on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
OS X will regularly and automatically check for updates to Safari and prompt you to install updates as they are found. It should prompt you in the top-right hand corner of the screen when updates are found. Alternatively, if you want to manually check for updates and install them, follow these steps:
Open Software Updates: Click the Apple menu icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
The system menu will appear, click the “Software Update…” item.
This starts the App Store application and takes you to the “Updates” section.
Now find and activate the Safari update. On this screen, the App Store will show you all of the updates which are available to you. It will bundle all of the System Applications (eg iTunes, Safari, Security Updates etc) which have updates available into one main “Software Update” item – shown in the following image.
If you click the UPDATE button, it will install all of those updates in one go. Notice that in some cases this may also require you to restart your computer. If you only want to update Safari, click the blue “More” link that is pictured above; this will expand the System Applications, allowing you to pick and choose which updates to install. Look for the Safari update and click it. The update should begin.
By default, Firefox is set to automatically update itself but you can always do a manual update. Here’s how:
- On the menu bar click the menu and select .
- The About Firefox window will open. Firefox will begin checking for updates and downloading them automatically.
- When the updates are ready to be installed, click .